Skin laser treatment is a type of skin treatment performed by our dermatologist or physician. It includes using lasers to help enhance the texture and appearance of the skin.
Depending on your particular needs, ablative or nonablative lasers will be recommended by our dermatologist. Ablative lasers are carbon dioxide ( CO2) or erbium. CO2 laser resurfacing procedures are used to remove wounds, warts, and deep wrinkles. Erbium is used for fine lines and wrinkles, along with other superficial skin issues. Both types of ablative lasers strip the outer layers of the skin.
Non-ablative lasers, on the other hand, do not strip any layers of skin. These include pulsed light, pulsed-dye lasers and fractional lasers. Non-ablative lasers can be used for rosacea, spider veins and acne-related skin problems.
Keep reading to learn more about how our treatment operates, why it works, potential side effects, and more.
Who can go in for this procedure?
You may need this treatment if you have age-related, sun-related, or acne-related skin problems that are not treatable with over-the-counter ( OTC) products.
Skin laser treatment can be used to treat one or more of the following skin concerns:
- Age spots
- Acne scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Crow’s feet
- Sagging of the skin
- Irregular skin tone
- Extended oil glands
Your natural skin tone will also decide whether or not this is the right form of cosmetic procedure for you. People with lighter skin tones are also successful candidates because they have a decreased chance of hyperpigmentation.
What to expect of the treatment?
Skin laser treatment targets the outer layer of the skin while simultaneously heating the lower layers of the dermis. This will encourage the development of collagen.
Ideally, new collagen fibres would help to create new skin that is smoother in texture and firmer to the touch.
The procedure shall require the following steps:
- Your skin needs to be primed before the treatment. For this, we recommend taking a variety of procedures several weeks prior to the operation. The goal is to improve the resistance of your skin to professional treatments. It can also reduce the chance of side effects.
- Our doctor will apply a topical anaesthetic to the region being treated on the day of the operation. This is used to reduce any discomfort and make you more relaxed during the treatment. If a wide area of the skin is being handled, a sedative or pain reliever might be recommended by our doctor.
- Then, the skin is washed to remove any residual oil , dirt, and bacteria.
- Our doctor will start your treatment using the laser ideal for your skin type.. Slowly, the laser travels across the designated region of the skin.
- At the conclusion of the operation, our doctor will dress the treatment area in wraps to help protect the skin.
What to expect from post-care and recovery
While our dermatological surgeons conduct skin laser treatment, these procedures are not known as surgery. You can leave our doctor’s office immediately following the procedure.
Still, downtime and healing are important to ensure that your skin is healed properly. This reduces the chance of side effects and helps you achieve the desired results.
Side effects and duration
Healing normally takes 3 to 10 days. Most often, the greater the treatment area and the deeper the laser, the longer the recovery time. For example, recovery from ablative laser therapy can take up to three weeks.
Your skin can be intensely red and scab-like during healing. Slight peeling is going to happen. Using ice packs helps reduce swelling.
Although you don’t need to be at home for the entire recovery period, you’ll want to avoid prone to potential germ infestation — such as the gym — that could increase the risk of infection.
For a stress free and result oriented skin laser treatment or a hair removal laser treatment get in touch with us today at +91 7000097898 !!